YouTube

Friday 14 September 2018

Tunnel Card

Hi,
Happy Friday!

Of late I have been making single layer and CAS cards more so this time tried to challenge myself and make something different. I came across this tutorial on tunnel cards by Jennifer Mcguire and I was sure this needs to be tried. So here is what I came up with


The outside




The inside view



As I said, I followed the tutorial for the measurements. The top I tried to keep simple, initially I planned to keep only the butterfly but it was looking too plain so went with some smooshing. I added the bottom brown strip to hide my flaw :(. As even after following the instructions, the upper flap was little shorter than the base of the card. So added the strip to cover up that flaw :)  Added the washi on the strip to make it more interesting. 

Coming to the inner tunnel mechanism, the windows are hand cut. That was the only challenging part as I did not get a very smooth finish. Tried my best to hide the rough edges under the stamped and fuzzy cut leaves and flowers(Layered Mangolia, Leafy, Beautiful butterfly from Mudra). Added layered design using DI at bottom most surface to create some interest before stamping the sentiment. To finish off added few sequins and gems.

I enjoyed making this tunnel card and hope you like it. Thanks for reading through patiently :)

Have a great weekend !!!

I am playing along


My interpretation of layers through tunnel and layered mangolia flowers




Butterfly, branches , blue

Stamping Sensations



Craft Stamper Magazine




Going with Butterfly + Azure(splash at the top of card, few branches, bottom background) + Layers (tunnel mechanism) 

Grab the Badge


10 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I saw the tutorial for this style of card and and had it earmarked for watching and having a go. Your card has given me the incentive to try it out myself. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely try, it's fun! Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really great design to your pretty Butterfly card, many thanks for joining in with our 'I Spy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the surprise is on the inside. I also saw this tutorial and would love to give it a go. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty inside and outside as well.

    Lovely colours too,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! The front looks really pretty with the butterfly but then, Wow, the inside looks wonderful. Lovely design with the layers of flowers and leaves. I just love it!
    When I hand cut things and get a rough edge, though yours are unnoticeable, I gently use a nail file to smooth it out a little. Hope this helps. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is just absolutely beautiful..love this.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the tunnel card, its awesome <3
    Thank you for joining us at Mudra Stamps - Craft Challenge #25
    cheers
    Ct Sharada Dilip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful inside and out. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations for our B challenge

    ReplyDelete