YouTube

Thursday 17 March 2016

*** Always a Friend ***

Hey friends......I am back with another CAS card today. Got it done quickly.

Firstly created the sun background using distress ink and some masking. Hand drew the branch. Initially I thought of using water color for the branch but settled for brush pen. I did not draw the birdies on paper directly. Those 2 cutie birds are hand drawn, colored and put in place using foam glue to add some dimension. One of them almost gave me scare, after coloring and fussy cutting it, it vanished!!! Had to search in my crafty mess but fortunately found it :)

Heat embossed the sentiment on the black paper and put it at the bottom.








Close up of the sentiment "Always a Friend".
Do let me know your thoughts on this card. Your comments means a lot

Supplies used:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade
Simon Says Stamp: You can do anything stamp set
WOW: Silver embossing powder

Entering into following challenges

Stamploration: CAS card

Stamploration: Theme and Sketch


Ranganjali: Watercolors

House of Cards: March Challenge Silhouette

21 comments:

  1. This is stunningly gorgeous in its simplicity! Your masking is perfection. Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! I adore the CAS layout and lovely SPLASH of color! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome CAS card!! Just too good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely CAS card, love the minimalist approach, its perfect. Thank you for following my blog, I have been looking for your blog, but couldn't find it, Finally got it. I am happy to follow you back :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Rahmat. Your work is an inspiration to me :)

      Delete
  5. What a great CAS design, your ombre distress ink sun is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful CAS card! Your hand drawn birds on the hand drawn branches are brilliant. I don't know how you managed to cut the birds out at all so, phew, a good thing you found it. A really lovely designed card.
    I couldn'the find your blog on my list so have had to refollow you. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found me back :). Thanks for the lovely comments.

      Delete
  7. Very cute silhouette! Love the CAS card! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple yet elegant card!Hand drawn and painted elements as well as masking has come out very well. Thanks for joining at Ranganjali's March Challenge. Hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully CAS. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning. Seriously I love everything about your card and will be pinning it to my CASE cards board! Thank you so much for joining our silhouette challenge at House of Cards I hope we see you this month too Karen @ HOC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very great CAS card! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! It fits the challenge perfectly! Thanks for playing long with us at House of Cards!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete