YouTube

Monday 12 November 2018

Decoupage Bottle

Hi Friends,
Hope you are doing well. I have been away from blog for quiet some time and could not comment on many of the your blogs. Well, with all the festivities done at my place I think I will be back on regular basis.

Today I am sharing a decoupage bottle. This technique is something new that I learnt sometime back and I really fell in love with it! I am taking tiny steps on this one. There will be few more decoupage posts in future.

Here you go




As with decoupage technique, the glass bottle is covered with 2 layers of gesso and after drying decoupage the napkin on it and then gave a color wash on rest of the area.


A small butterfly on the side of the bottle. At the top used some twine to cover some of the uneven parts. I did think about adding some embellishments but decided against it.

One more view.



Hope you liked it. Please tell me your thoughts on it.

I always appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Thanks for visiting.


I am playing along following challenges







Going with the theme of "Recycle"


Edit -  This bottle was selected as one of the winner at The Butterfly Challenge

Challenge Badges

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I like the colours and the bird is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully decoupaged. I like the addition of the string which gives a lovely rustic look to the finished bottle. I like this a lot. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, a beautiful bird and great finish.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely! Looks like a beautifully aged and painted bottle. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. Glad you are back. Thank you for linking to Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your project is very beautiful
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning make over,the images and the texture is so lovely.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super pretty! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete